This tour is perfect for active people who want a varied taste of what Seychelles has to offer. It offers you the chance to walk through a tropical endemic palm forest, discover stunning vistas, sample tasty Creole food, observe life on the reefs, meet one of the worlds oldest animals and photograph beautiful rock formations. This is an action filled day for real adventures.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Departs from the Fond Ferdinand Reserve. Returns you to your hotel.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||09.00 hrs. We provide transportation from your hotel on Praslin to the departure point. Hotel pick up time to be confirmed at a later date.|
|RESTRICTIONS||For persons over 10 years only. The walk uphill (up steps) is quite demanding so you have to be physically fit to do this.|
|CLIENTS NOT STAYING ON PRASLIN||If you are staying on Mahé or La Digue and wish to come to Praslin for this excursion you are very welcome to join us. You can take the ferry from Mahé or La Digue to Praslin and we will meet you at the Praslin jetty and drop you off at the Praslin jetty in the afternoon. It is very important to note that we do not organise the Mahé-Praslin or La Digue-Praslin ferry for you. You will need to contact these ferry companies and book with them directly. Please contact them to check their prices before you book an excursion with us. Remember to ask them about their cancellation policy should we be forced to cancel the excursion due to bad weather. Note that you have to be on Praslin by 08.35 hrs to do this excursion with us. We will be waiting for you at the jetty at 08.30 hrs. At the end of the excursion we will drop you off at the jetty at 16.45 hrs for you to get a ferry back to Mahé or La Digue.|
- Please bring along sea sickness medicine, especially if you have decided not to snorkel, but to wait on the boat during the snorkelling session.
- Note that this tour includes wet landings (not at piers or ports but on the beach among the waves). Take appropriate care with your possessions especially your electronics when disembarking or embarking.
- Your safety and comfort is important to us. Indigo Seychelles (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to change the route based on weather, sea conditions or for reasons of personal safety on the day of your excursion. Please be assured that we will always do it to give you the best experience possible.
- The starting point of this excursion is at the entrance of the Fond Ferdinand Nature reserve. This 122 hectare reserve contains the largest concentration of Coco de Mer Palms on the island. A survey carried out recently has found 860 mature female Coco de Mer trees and around 6 thousand male and juvenile trees. We will walk through the park until we reach one of the most gorgeous view points on Praslin. The walk up and down the hill will take a maximum of 2 and a half hours. Note that the walk up the hill is mostly made up of steps. Your specialist guide will tell you about the plants and geography of the Seychelles pointing out the satellite islands surrounding Praslin
- Boat ride to Snorkelling grounds and a 45 minute guided snorkelling session, where your guide joins you in the water to show you the best spots on the reef and points out the interesting underwater creatures.
- We leave the reef and head to St. Pierre islet, a little crop of rocks with some vegetation that makes for great photos.
- Relax – Lunch –Relax. We give you a bit of relaxation time on the beach while we put the finishing touches to your BBQ meal. Your BBQ of meat, fish, salads, rice, bread and vegetarian dishes take place under a big pavilion that has been expressly built for this purpose. Kindly note that due to the regulations of Curieuse Island, we are not allowed to set up a table somewhere else for a cooked meal. This is in an effort to control and reduce the amount of litter found on the island. After your meal you will have some time to yourself.
- Next we go for a walk through the mangroves. Try to spot the fiddler crabs they are tiny and have great camouflage. Their colleagues the giant land crabs are much more noticeable. Your walk takes you to Baie Laraie (translated to “the Bay of rays” in english), the easiest place to see the Giant tortoises that live freely on the island. There are many of them. Please do take care and do not feed them unless instructed how to by a guide. They have razor sharp teeth. If you are lucky you may see a ray fish or two close to the shore.
- Return to Praslin island. If you come from Mahé or La Digue for the day we will drop you off at the Praslin Jetty.
- If you are staying on Praslin we will pick you up by car and transfer to your hotel.
Notes: Please bring along sea sickness medicine, especially if you have decided not to snorkel, but to wait on the boat during the snorkelling session. You will need good walking shoes or trainers for the steep Fond Ferdinand walk.
Want to come on this trip? We would love to meet you and take you to explore these islands. The only thing you have to do is hit the button below and reserve your spot.
Important: The price of 193 US Dollars is the price per adult. Children of 10 and 11 years old pay 97 US Dollars. If you have any concerns about age restrictions please contact us. We will be happy to help you out.
Are you interested in this tour but have some questions? Please feel free to fill in the form below and send them to us. It is always a pleasure to help.
Once you press SEND, the website will direct you back to the details page. If you wish to verify that your form has been sent successfully you only need to return to this tab (BOOK ONLINE HERE!) or check your email for a confirmation.
Remember once you press SEND, the website will direct you back to the details page. If you wish to verify that your form has been sent successfully you only need to return to this tab (BOOK ONLINE HERE!), or check your email for a confirmation.